Joe Banner

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hey Journal

  Hey journal.
         I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I haven't written in over a month. I'm sorry that I picked Facebook over you. I'm sorry that I'd rather read next to the boyfriend than write to you lately (Ha! I'm not sorry... I just should be). I'm sorry that I've lost some writing style, some words, some thoughts, ideas, contradictions, oppositions. I'm sorry that every time I wanted to write, I pulled the notebook out of my purse,and I'm really sorry that I didn't put any of that in here later.
    Life's been busy. Don't get me wrong- that's no excuse. Life isn't ever NOT busy. It's not the Geometry, Biology, home-made theology warfare (nightmare, death stare) that's got me lost (weighted, cross, frustrated).
   I'm sorry about the half-fine, airtime that I've been giving every hobby, duty, forgotten, lost obsession, creation,mentality, and I'm still sorry, just to you, that my biggest priority has a y-chromosome.
   On the subject of regret.. I'm sorry that I spent three months trying to fix a four month run; that I let three and a half infidels tell me what's pretty; that not being enough scares me even more than what lies behind the shower curtain at 2 a.m.; and that I stare down that poor, undeserving phone like it's carrying a strain 2 of rotavirus.

         Apologetically,
                                         Vi

No comments:

Post a Comment