Joe Banner

Friday, November 18, 2011

How Not to Bury Yourself in The Sand

There's chills and shivers in center stage touch, but I've yet to see acts for faith, a complete letting go of all that is grasped so tightly. It must be hard to breathe, living life so straight. I know "I wish.." is the perfect ending to rational conversation, but I wish the words of a single human life couldn't overtake the wonder of adventure. Here you are, and you can't taste fear. Brave is more, is better than waded through and wasting hushes, tentative, and failing to silence the waves of masses knowing nothing stranger than guidelines, who risk themselves -small sacrifices- for great causes yet undiscovered. These waves, they're rushes of sound from souls unknowing of chant, souls unbroken, and souls unbound. The release of meaning they have created can wash over you, and I hope that then you stand still covered with feeling as the great storm breaks for better. I wish the bounding courage, leaps of faith from unwarranted contingencies, self brought and beautiful, were something I could package, could hand over and watch new tides of understanding, but these trusts are something earned by chance alone. Embrace clearly what's safe, yet feel free to let go of all else; relinquishing the control over nothing which here alone is gripped so desperately.

No comments:

Post a Comment