Joe Banner

Monday, April 4, 2011

     Burning bridges, and talking to your ceiling. This is what the evenings will come to: nothingness icons, meaningless phrases, stories you don't want to hear, paper you didn't sign up for. I don't want to hear what you don't have to say, and no one asked for this quiet susurrus of a hate we won't conceal; convince ourselves that we don't have to exist, and call me crying when you think you've learned the key ingredient to what you've killed and commanded. I know pieces and shards are all we have left, but do me a favor by keeping our separate cracks and chunks away from each other; away from where we can build only one whole person, instead of these broken two and a half we've been left. It takes a lot of helpless love to hate a soul so thoroughly, and these are two supplies on which I'm not short. This silent war is making me cold, and I've yet to break through these prelude exchanges.

No comments:

Post a Comment